Scroll down to sign your team up
1. There will be 8 rounds with 8 questions per round
2. Each table will get 2 poker chips to use as challenges. If you do not think the answer given is the correct answer, you may go to the scorer’s table and challenge ONLY TWICE during the evening. The scorers will look up the answer, if you are correct you will get the point (no points will be taken away from the other teams. If you are wrong, you will get 2 points taken away from your total. All answers compiled by the committee are final. Please remember we are here to have a fun evening and to raise money for 2 good causes!
3. To end the evening at reasonable hour, we will adhere to the following timetable.
a. Each team will receive a packet at the beginning of each round
b. You will have 8 minutes to write your answers on your answer sheet.
c. At the end of each round you will have 2 minutes to take your answer sheet to the scorer’s table. Please be prompt.
4. Be sure to include your team name at the top of each answer sheet.
5. NO Reference materials will be permitted (NO Cell Phone, or other forms of electronic assistance will be allowed).
6. There will be 2 to 5 minutes between each round to compile scores.
7. After the 5th round there will be a 10 minute intermission.
8. MULLIGANS: $3.00ea or a sheet of 10 for $15.00. Must be purchased prior to the beginning of the game. These are used as a “FREE” answer. Only 1 mulligan can be used per round.
9. $120.00 will be awarded to the first place team
10. TIEBREAKER: On your answer sheet for Round 1 please write the total number of questions that you think your team will answer correctly for the entire 8 rounds. In case of a tie, the team whose estimate is closest to its actual score wins. (If you fail to provide an estimate, your estimate is automatically zero). The results from the 8th round will serve as the tiebreaker. If there is still a tie, the winning teams will split the $120.00
11. The winner of the “Bonus Game” will win a portion of the entry fees for that game.
DEAD OR ALIVE ROUNDS
THESE ROUNDS WILL BE PLAYED IN BETWEEN EACH ROUND
5 QUESTIONS PER ROUND
COST IS $5.00 PER PLAYER
EACH PARTICIPANT WILL STAND UP AND BE HANDED 2 PAINT STICKS 1 BLACK (DEAD) 1 WHITE (ALIVE) PLAYERS WILL BE ASKED IF THE PERSON MENTIONED IS CURRENTLY DEAD OR ALIVE. CHOOSE YOUR ANSWER BY RAISING ONE STICK. PLAYERS WHO GUESS WRONG MAY BE SEATED. THE LAST PLAYER STANDING WILL WIN HALF OF THE ENTRY FEES FOR THAT ROUND